Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Broadway Musicals and MLB

We had such a good/fun weekend last weekend. Saturday was Tim's birthday. I got him tickets to Phantom of the Opera. (a musical which he loves.. and probably the only one I will ever get him to attend with me)
So saturday we got to go to Phantom of the Opera in Portland at the Keller Auditorium .
Description(From web site): With some of the most lavish sets, costumes and special effects ever to have been created for the stage, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA directed by Harold Prince traces the tragic love story of a beautiful opera singer and a young composer shamed by his physical appearance into a shadowy existence beneath the majestic Paris Opera House. Adapted from Gaston Leroux’s classic novel of mystery and suspense, this award-winning musical has woven its magical spell over standing room audiences in more than 100 cities worldwide and is now the longest-running show in Broadway history.

WOW - what an incredible production. The singers voices were amazing. The costumes were beautiful. The set was extraordinary!! I am so glad we got to attend. It was fun watching Tim enjoy the musical...and sing along(quietly) to the songs he knew. My tailbone was hurting after sitting for 2 1/2 hours....but it was well worth it. He even put on nice clothes and posed for a picture, and smiled. Aren't we cute?

Sunday was also alot of fun. We drove up to Seattle to go to a Mariners Baseball game. Tim, me, his mom Kay, and our friend Dave all went up together. The Yankees were in town. It was fun. We had great seats, they were Tim's company seats. We were seated on the 3rd base line- looking right up the 1st base line. The weather was perfect, about 75-80 degrees- not too hot and not too cold. Our seats started out in the sun, then the shade moved in. Perfect. It was a 1:10pm start time. Didn't have to get up early to drive up to Seattle, and the game was over by about 4pm- so we were home by 8:30pm, after stoping for dinner in Lacy. Great day.
Here is what our view was from our seats:

Derek Jeter at bat:

Kay and I ....Go Yankees!!!!!
(Can you tell I have gained weight?)

Kay, my MIL(mother in law) and I are the Yankee Fans. Tim and Dave are the Mariner fans. It was a fun day of jabs back and forth about who was ahead - and who was winning. Seattle won 5-2. So sad for Kay and I - but Derek Jeter did hit a home run in the first inning to start the game off right. That was cool. (he plays for the Yankees)
Tim and I ( I took this one)

Tim and his new Seatle Seahawks hat. Yes we were at a Mariners game- but he wore his Seahawk stuff, because the game was on tv at the same time. Boys. hahaha
It was a great weekend!!

0 comments: