Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Please & Thank you

I have been using and teaching basic sign language to Brianna since she was about 5 or 6 mo old. Now that she is 14mo old, it really is nice to be able to communicate with her. She understands what I sign to her, and she can sign quite a few back to us when she needs something. She will sign 'Milk', 'Eat', 'Night night' when tired, 'More', 'All done', 'baby', 'bath', 'brush teeth' and now ' Please' and 'Thank you'. I have been signing 'Thank you' to her from the beginning. This past week I taught her 'Please' and now she can now sign them both.
Here are the signs:

Here I got her on video doing them:


Now we just need to keep doing them and explaining when to use them . She will sign 'Please' when she wants me to pick her up. It is soooo cute.

ETA(edited to add):Tonight she signed 'more please' when she wanted some more cheese. I am so excited.

I am still amazed how much a 1yr old can understand and communicate with out using spoken words. She only says 'Dad' and 'Mom' right now. Mainly 'Dad dad Dad' really loud and quite a few times in a row. It is sooo cute. When I talk to her and/or sign to her I know she understands because she will smile or go to what I was talking about.

Our smart girl!

1 comments:

Jenelle said...

that is such a cute video!! i had to watch it a few times just cause she is so stinkin cute!!